Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Perfect Christmas

Every year around Christmas time, I find myself trying to make everything "perfect".  And, I don't think I'm the only one.  We all worry about putting up perfect decorations, buying the perfect presents, making the perfect cookies, and blah, blah blah, blah blah.  And, for what?  It never turns out perfect.  Never.

But, we spend so much time every year trying to make Christmas perfect.  I went out into the madness on Christmas Eve Eve this week.  (Which should tell you something about me, too.)  And, it was crazy!  The mall was SO crowded, people everywhere.  I took my life in my hands just going Target!  And, yes, I stopped long enough to take pictures.  It made me stop and think.


CRAZY!!!

So many people...

And, more CRAZY!!!

Christmas is not about presents, food, decorations, Santa Claus, what your kids asked Santa for, all these sappy movies that turn into love stories, or any of that stuff.  Christmas is about a baby.  A baby that was born in the worst possible circumstances into a messed up world.  Christmas is about a baby that had to spend his first night laying in the place where barn animals eat.  Christmas is about a baby that some set out to worship, and some set out to kill.

That's what Christmas is about.  This baby with ten perfect fingers and ten perfect toes was Christmas.  This baby, with what I'm sure was a perfectly, cute nose, was Christmas.  And, He is still Christmas today.  It is because of a this perfect baby that we celebrate.  Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment