Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Baby Stewart's Shower

On Sunday, I had the privilege of helping host a baby shower for two of my dearest friends, Emily and Kyle.  They are pregnant with their first, baby girl Stewart.  We had so much fun celebrating them and baby girl Sunday afternoon.  I tried to create a storybook theme for the shower, complete with a storybook cake, Dr. Seuss sign-in book, and a "Once Upon a Baby" banner.  I can admit it: I had fun decorating for this shindig!  Tracy, Jennifer, Carrie, and I all had fun throwing this shower for the Stewart's.  I think seeing all the cute pink, purple, and ORANGE (for the UT Vols of course) frills, bows, socks, hats, and outfits really made it real!  She'll be here so soon!


Decorations!!! (Hanging decor made possible by Brian Rowell.)


The sweet cake...it was so good!


The corsage, the quilt, sweet friends...


Of course, the shower would not have been complete without a few funny things.  Emily's corsage was so pretty and purple.  Tracy and I forgot about it until halfway through the shower.  Then, pinning it on  became quite the task.  Several brave souls tried, but none succeeded.  It was pretty funny!  Then, there was the cake cutting.  None of us wanted to do it.  But, luckily, Tracy stepped up and did an awesome job!  

The quilt was made by my mom.  And, I have to brag on her for a minute.  It is so beautiful!  I helped pick out the colors and fabric, but take NONE of the credit.  My mom did an awesome job!  It is so special to me.  Emily is one of my closest friends.  She's been there for me through many, many things over the years, both happy and difficult times.  It's just special to celebrate with her and Kyle.  And, I think I speak for so many people when I say, I can't wait to meet her!!!!  I'm so stinkin' excited!  Kyle and Emily are going to make great parents.  I think baby girl already has them wrapped around her little finger, especially Kyle.  



No comments:

Post a Comment