Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sky VBS

This past week was a little crazy for me!  In the mornings, I worked VBS at my church.  And, in the afternoons, I babysat two of my favorite boys.

This year, VBS was super cool.  I loved the theme, "Sky VBS".  All of the decorations were so cool and creative.  I worked in the missions station for the first time.  Also, for the first time, grades k-2 were in one group for missions.  And, grades 3-5 were in another group.  I was in the missions station for the older kids, and our emphasis all week focused on urban missions.  So, each day (except for Monday), we completed small mission projects to be used in different areas of Memphis.

Preschool hallway decorations

Sanctuary decorations





The four pictures to the right are of the mission projects the crews worked on all week.  On Tuesday, the filled snack bags.  On Wednesday, they decorated labels for water bottles.  On Thursday, they made salvation bracelets.  And, on Friday, they made "no sew" fleeces pillows.  All in all, it was a great week!




 
Jayden loved grocery shopping.











My week with the boys was fun, too.  We would have done alot of fun stuff, but the weather wasn't the best.  So, the highlight of our week was going to the Children's Museum of Memphis.  (Sorry for all the random pics and placement.)

Jaylen checking out his groceries.



No comments:

Post a Comment