Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Cookin'

On Monday night, I tried a new recipe my mom found for grilled chicken, Grilled Lemon and Rosemary Chicken.  It's actually a recipe from Jamie Deen, one of Paula Deen's sons.  It didn't sound complicated or include a ton of random ingredients.  It was really pretty simple.  I didn't think it would taste that great either.  But, wow, was I wrong!  It was delicious, and the chicken only marinated for about 30 minutes.  I can just imagine how much better it would be, if I let it marinate over night.  I will definitely be fixing this again.

Hopefully, you can read it.
It was as good as it looks, if not better!  :)
Then, for dessert, I tried another new recipe for peaches.  It only involved 3 ingredients: fresh peaches, brown sugar, and sour cream.  The recipe recommended adding pecans, blueberries, or other toppings.  But, it was really good without the extras.  You just cut up peaches, mix the sour cream and brown sugar, and pour that mixture over the peaches.  I'm not posting a pic because it actually looked pretty gross.  I tasted great though.  So, I'll spare you and just share the recipe.

Sorry, it's kinda hard to read.  I'm not the best photographer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment