Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh, you're home?

Yep, I'm home.  I'm here in Memphis, whether you like it or not.  (I'm just kidding!)  But, that is the reaction I have gotten lately.  And, I guess it's understandable.  But, while I'm on that topic, I just want to clarify a few things.  First, this was the plan all along.  I was supposed to come home for the holidays because the family I have been living with / homeschooling their children is going home to Brazil.  Sorry, if you were confused or really wanted to be rid of me for longer.  :)

Another thing is that some people think I was supposed to be gone to East Asia for a year.  You know like 12 months.  Well, that is not the case.  I committed to a school year, not a calendar year.  And, in addition to that, I am home now.  I may be home for 2 or 3 months.  I don't know at this point.  And, it really isn't up to me.  So, I'm sorry to disappoint you.  You can go ahead and stop counting the months.  I have.  It may not even add up to 9 months by the time it's all said and done.  And, I'm ok with that.  I hope other people can be too.

Allen, Emily, Carrie, me, Brian, Tracy, and Jennifer
Having said all that, I've been home for about two weeks.  And, it has been a little strange.  I was greeted at the Memphis International Airport late Tuesday night on November 1st by my parents and a group of my friends.  And, it was weird.  It was great, and I felt so loved and missed.  But, it was weird.  And, I just want to say a few things about that.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve.  I couldn't do anything I do without the support and encouragement of my friends and family.  I couldn't.  I couldn't be a teacher this year in Memphis without people in my life, who love and support me.  I think most people would say the same thing.  We were never meant to live this life alone.

Dad, me, Mom, and panda

I've learned so much over these few months that it is difficult to explain.  If you've talked to me in the past weeks, you've probably noticed that.  I apologize for not being able to effectively articulate what I've experienced or learned.  I just have so much going on in my mind.  And, no, I'm not saying I'm more intelligent than everyone else.  It's just that I believe something is happening in me, in my life.  I'm not sure what "it" is yet.  I believe this time, this "year" has really just been a test to see what I would do.  It has been a test to see if I would obey what was being asked of me.  And, because of this test and my obedience, I am trusting that I will see something bigger, the next step.

2 comments:

  1. WTF?????????????????? Let's hang out friend!!!! It's okay if you can't articulate. I can help. Ha I don't know what that means. But I want to see youuuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! I love youuuuuu! Ha! Yes, let's hang out. When and where? I know your schedule is busier than mine. And, I want to see you, too.

    ReplyDelete