Monday, September 3, 2012

A Birthday, Bestie, BattleBash, and Bible Overview...

I apologize in advance because this post is super random.  (Consider yourself warned.)  On Monday night after class, one of the EL girls had a birthday.  Dannie wanted to celebrate with a "fiesta" of sorts.  I don't have photographic proof of the awesome strawberry cake and ice cream we ate.  But, I do have proof of Dannie dominating a pinata.  It was probably the best part of the night!  (Hope I don't get in trouble for the pics.) :)

Birthday girl!
Dominating!
We love Kinsley and Addi!

Then, on Thursday, Jennifer came over to see the "new" house I'm living in and just to hang out.  While she was here, we decided to make a care package for two of our most favorite little girls, who recently moved to Ohio.  I think we had as much fun buying their surprises and writing them letters as the girls did opening it.  We both miss them beyond words!  And, we can't wait to go visit soon!




On Saturday night, all the EL's had a BattleBash.  Never heard of it?  I hadn't either until Saturday.  One of the guys in the program teaches at Collierville Arts Academy.  And, he wanted to host one for us.  In his words, "A BattleBash is a knight/samurai/jedi themed party where you get to safely fight with swords, staffs, knifes, and arrows."  Don't be too impressed though.  We "fought" with heavy duty FOAM swords and arrows.  Ha!  It was still really fun!  We even got together beforehand and put on "war paint."  :)

Arrow game...
Me and Jill :)
Get 'em, Jill!
On a different note, classes this week kicked my B-U-T-T!  We went through several "Overview of the Bible" classes this week.  And, let's just say, I was more than a little confused.  Basically, over the course of 3 hours, we went through the entire Old and New Testament.  3 hours!  Yeah, I have alot of homework to do to get a good understanding of it all.  And, it was just an overview.

No comments:

Post a Comment