Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Last Week...Late

So, I realize we're already halfway through a new week, and I'm posting about last week.  Oh well, it's ok!  Last week was a great week.  In my classes, I have been learning so much.  It is all truly life transforming information.  And, it very much feels like trying to drink from a fire hydrant.  No joke.  It's alot of information!  The beautiful thing is it's not just information.  The things I am learning are invaluable tools I can use to further my own understanding of God's Word and be able to re-teach it to others.  Monday, we didn't have class due to the Labor Day holiday.  Wednesday morning, we learned about Genesis 1-2 and Thessalonian Legacy (may have to share more on that later).  Last, we had a Friday morning class on Proverbs.

The weekend was fun also.  On Friday night, a bunch of the EL's went to Las Delicias for dinner to celebrate Emily's birthday.  (We should've made her wear the sombrero...)  Afterwards, we played games at one of the girls' houses.

Most awkward pic ever...that's what I get for making memories!
Then, on Saturday, we got together at Shelby Farms for fajitas and "capture the flag".  (I know.  Kinda reminds you of middle school, huh?)  There was a twist to our game though. . . water balloons!  Water balloons, I have decided, make everything better.  It was a blast! 

Water balloons!
Yummy fajitas!
Post-game smack talk...
After leaving Shelby Farms, I went to have dinner with some more friends.  (I sound like a real social butterfly!  Yeah right!)  It was fun, too!  (No pics though, because I would have been the only taking pictures of us just doing normal stuff.  Ha!)  We played several games, ate too much, and laughed alot.  I'm so thankful for the sweet friends God has blessed me with!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment