Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Triangle

I'm probably going to get in trouble for posting this picture of me and my parents.  But, I'm so far away I'm gonna go ahead and chance it.  We are not all three die hard Packer fans, as it would appear in the picture.  I just think this picture is really funny.  And, I'm so glad I talked my parents into taking it.


Anyway, many people have been asking me how my parents are doing with me gone.  And, it's funny because not many people ask me how I'm doing being away from them.  To answer the question though, I think we're all just doing this.  I really can't answer for my mom and dad.  But, for me, I just take one day at a time.  And, it is not always easy.  I really love and miss them.

I've told my mom and dad before that we are not like other families.  Other families are not as close as we are.  Other families don't sit down to dinner together almost every night and talk about their day.  Other people don't talk to their parents about life like I do.  And, I think I know why.  We are like a triangle.  A triangle can't be a triangle without three sides.  The three sides lean on each other or they end up being some unrecognizable object.  That's how we are.  And, although my parents and I are far away from each other, we are still connected.  The triangle is not broken or bent.  It is not in disrepair.  The triangle has just grown.  Alot.  And, even though I am missing my two sides because we are so spread apart, they are not gone.  They are very much with me.  And, I am very much with them.  Nothing can break or knock down this triangle because all three sides are leaning on each other.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, we think about you everyday! Hope to see you during Thanksgiving break! Miss ya! - The Chisum's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It really means so much. You will see me during the break. I miss y'all, too! :)

    ReplyDelete